Absolute Divorce


I went to my court date on Monday and was granted an absolute divorce in Guilford County. I recieved the judgement document with judge siganture in the mail today. I was wondering is there anything else I need to do? How long do you have to wait to remarry? I had the absolute certificate for divorce Vital information form and court clerk didnt ask for it…should I turn this in anyways? Do I need to send my ex a copy of the judgement?


You can remarry immediately upon divorce. Once the judge has signed the judgment you are free to marry again. You do need to double check wit the clerk to ensure you certificate is on file with vital records (they may have completed the certificate for you and didn’t need a duplicate). Yes, you should mail a copy of the judgment to your ex as well.