Additional children's expenses

Hi Erin,

My stbx and I do not have a separation agreement. If I were to file a claim for child support through CSE, how do they handle reimbursement of medical and other expenses for the children? The draft agreement states that we would share those expenses by weighted income in addition to the child support amount, but just wondering in absence of a signed agreement how this would be handled. His portion of the medical, sports, camps, etc comes to $4000 from the past year on top of what he would owe for child support.

CSE may order that the expenses for uninsured medical be split pro-rata based the parent’s share of income, or 50% to each parent, depending on the individual facts in each case. Normally the custodial parent pays the first $250.00 of these expenses each year before the remaining expenses are split.