Adoption Asst. /Child Support


Sorry but I don’t know. You have asked a question that falls outside of our range of expertise. Good luck.

Lee S. Rosen
Board Certified Family Law Specialist
The Rosen Law Firm
4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service but a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action.


I have been separated for 14 months and my husband and I have agreed on most things and are now making them legal. We are now having child support and property settlement papers completed by his Attorney and I will have my Attorney review them for me. He paid child support and all of the bills for seven months. Now I am working full time and we have decided to make things equitable. He has visitation with the children every other weekend and will have them four weeks this summer.

I have a question that my Attorney wasn’t sure of. We have two adopted children and receive adoption assistance for them monthly. The children are in my custody and the money stays with the children. In doing the calculation am I supposed to count that income as part of my gross monthly income?

Your response would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for your time.