Affidavit of Service Form

I downloaded the Do-It-Yourself divorce packet, which I have found to be very helpful. However, when I download the Affidavit of Service form, I get a PDF file that has WAKE COUNTY and other information pre-filled. I click the “Fill & Sign” button, but I am still not allowed to edit any of those fields. The sample on page 20 of the DIY packet appears to be set up for data entry, but the form I get from the download link is not.

Hi Jeff,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention and we apologize for the technical error. We will get this resolved and notify you when the issue has been corrected. Please let us know if there is anything else we can assist you with.

Any idea when a working Affidavit form will be available? I have spent a great deal of time searching the internet and I can’t find one. The public library doesn’t have one. When we ask the Clerk of Court, which we have done for three different counties, the response is “You need to speak to your attorney.” I don’t know why it is so difficult to find divorce forms for NC.

I just noticed that the Affidavit of Service form download has been changed to provide a form that has BLANK space for the county. Thank you for addressing this issue. Unfortunately, once I downloaded the new form, I realized that it ALSO has the YEAR 2002 entered, which is not changeable. I’m sorry I did not notice this before!

Hi again Jeff,

I’ll get another updated version posted to the site that removes the 2002 entry. Thank you again for bringing this to our attention and I’m sorry to hear you’re having trouble dealing with the courts.

Do you have any idea when this change will be available?