Affordability and Pet Responsibility

Help I feel like I’m being forced to start selling the home to avoid foreclosure due to my husband does not assist in paying half the mortgage. Our dogs are at risk due to restrictions and affordability for housing. what are my options?

You will need to file a court complaint against your husband for equitable distribution, alimony, and postseparation support if he will not cooperate with you outside of court.

You can use our Sample Court Complaint as a template to draft your own.

Anna Ayscue

Attorney with Rosen Law Firm Cary • Chapel Hill • Durham • Raleigh • Wake Forest

Rosen Online | Unlimited confidential access to a North Carolina attorney for $199/mo - click here

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service only, a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action. The information posted on this forum is available for public viewing and is not intended to create an attorney client relationship with any individual. These answers are provided for informational purposes only, a person should consult with their own individual legal counsel before taking any action that could affect their legal rights or obligations.