My ex is a serious alcoholic and pothead. He only has supervised visits with our daughter and he is not even doing those. He drinks and drives all the time. I know where he hangs our and when. I have cop friends. I have thought about hiring a PI. Does anyone else have experience with this and have kids? Did you have any luck getting permanent custody if you tried??

By the way - he has already attempted suicide twice and I had to call the cops one night because he was outside my house acting all crazy.

He stopped treating and taking his meds.

We asked for a mental health eval and substance abuse assessment, but he still hasn’t done the substance abuse assessment and I know the drugs are out of his system.