Need Help with a Difficult Situation

My husband is an Alcholic, I want a divorce, I begged for 4 years, please stop drinkling, blah, blah, blah. He was out of work for 2 years of which I supported the family. I’m done doing all of that now and he has finally found a job and still offers up not much help. He has had 7 DUI’s over the last twenty years, two in the past 3, one of those he had my children in the truck with him, got lost and the police finally found them on I40. I was terrified something was going to happen to them, yet he still has no idea what I want a divorce for, go figure, I’ve tried to explain it doesn’t work. He moved out for 2 months July and August and supposedly was getting his life together. We have one 3 year old daughter and I have an 8 year old daughter from a previous marriage. He came home fine for a week then the same old drinking after work, pills, and so on, he is unable to drive and rides with a co-worker, thank goodness for everyone on the roads benefit.

My mother owns the house we live in, I need him to leave for mine and my children’s sanity. He is a complete idiot when he drinks, loses memory and talks in circles. We argue often, however no physical altercations have taken place. Still, this behaivor is insulting to me, my home and my kids. He agreed that if things did not work out and I asked him to leave, he would. I have asked, he has not and is not trying to find a place to go. I need to know what I can do to make this happen as soon as possible, as my girls are really realizing what’s going on with him.

You may file an action for divorce from bed an board based on his habitual drunkenness. A judge may order him to move out of the house.