Alienation of affection questions?

Dear doodle819:

Greetings. Not quite - the spouse needs some proof/information that shows your involvement with their spouse. For example, the spouse needs to have evidence that you had significant and sustained contact with the wife/husband. Also a separation agreement with a third party waiver may also be the solution that you seek. Thank you.

Janet L. Fritts
Attorney with Rosen Law Firm

4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607
919.787.6668 main phone
919.256.1665 direct fax

301 McCullough Drive Suite 510
Charlotte, North Carolina 28262
704.644.2831 main voice
704.307.4595 main fax

1829 East Franklin Street, Bldg 600
Chapel Hill, NC 27514
919.321.0780 main phone
919.787.6668 main fax

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service but a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action.

Let me get this straight? If you decide to marry someone who has been recently divorced (within a 3 year period) but you knew the person while they were married and had a connection, however never acted on it. The EX has 3 years to sue you if they believe you were the cause of their marital break up. SO you should not get involved within 3 years of someone getting a divorce if you knew them while they were married and the spouse does not care for you?

What does it take for an ex spouse to file an alienation of affection suit against the third party?