Alienation of Affection

Im trying to understand the risk of this Alienation of Affection (AA). I f back in 2010 my wife found out about the other woman and asked me to leave, which I did. As of today, that other woman is out of my life, my wife and me are still working on the divorce, the mistress didnt cause the split (my opinion) Im better off without either one of them in my life. If the wife and me finally get to the divorce is the wife still able ot go after the mistress? What or how could I get mistress free and clear or our problem? Is there a statue of limations on time for AA?

You can’t get her free, but I would think your wife would need very solid proof. The only people that come out good in AA cases are usually lawyers, very expensive to try and usually nothing is recovered. Its usually a leverage move… or loosing cause fueled by bitterness.

AoA also has a 3 year limitation from date of last act of alienation.

To sustain an action for alienation of affection she must show that love and affection existed between you and your spouse, and that actions of the 3rd party alienated that love and affection. You may negotiate with her and obtain a 3rd party waiver. The statute of limitations on alienation of affection is 3yrs.