Alienation of affection

Dear pryncspnut:

Greetings. Yes, she can still sue you until the statute of limitations runs on the claims for alienation of affection and criminal conversation.

You asked what you should do…find a new and happy relationship with someone that is not married and NEVER talk to him again. If you seek him out, pursue him, contact him, etc., you will be giving her even more reason to sue you. Good luck.

Janet L. Fritts
Attorney with Rosen Divorce
4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607
RosenDivorce.com
919-787-6668

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service but a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action.

What is criminal conversation?

Dear wsams38:

Greetings. Please read on the website about criminal conversation first and then let me know if you have any other questions:

rosen.com/ppf/ID/37/alien.asp#conversation

Janet L. Fritts
Attorney with Rosen Divorce
4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607
RosenDivorce.com
919-787-6668

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service but a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action.

Run, don’t walk, away from this man. You have found yourself in a classic “love” triangle…surely you deserve better. As a spouse who has been cheated I will tell you that the offending spouse NEVER portrays the marriage in its true light. My spouse painted himself as this terribly misunderstood, underappreciated, self-sacrificing soul who was married to an unfeeling spouse. Well, I didn’t put him through school and raise 3 of his children from a previous marriage in addition to our own children because I am cold or unfeeling. When I found out about the affair I asked him to leave and I got a second job so I could pay every single bill without him…3 car payments, mortgage payment, health insurance for the entire family including him, etc. I have not even asked for child support (which my attorney isn’t very happy about so I’m rethinking that whole thing since child support belongs to the children & it’s not really mine to give up). When my husband recently left his cell phone on by mistake after talking to me I listened long enough for him to tell his mistress that I am such a ■■■■■ because I am sticking him with all the bills…what a crock…I had a good laugh (and quite honestly a good cry as well because it really hurt to hear the two of them together). The cheating spouse has to make their homelife sound like hell because it’s not very attractive and good for picking up women if you admit that you’re selfish and unable to make a lifelong commmitment. I don’t know what it is about us women but we always want to feel like we are somehow saving someone; the answer to someone’s prayers. I realize now that self-assured, confident, problem-solving men are much more attractive than the down-trodden types. And now my husband really wants to come home and his mistress wants him to come home to so I won’t sue her. You know the funny thing is I asked my husband time and time again, “If you were so unhappy why didn’t you just divorce me?” I don’t know if the chicken or the egg came first, but I know that it should be separation, divorce THEN a new relationship. And as I tell my children all the time: “Right is always right and wrong is always wrong.” We live in a world that tries to paint everything gray with excuses when in reality things are pretty much black and white. I hope you survive this and emerge stronger than before. We women should treat ourselves better & quit lowering our standards!

I within the last two months met, who i assumed was going to be the love of my life. After we dated for a week hot and heavily, he revealed to me that he was married and a had 17 year old son. Apparently he had a child when he was 15 and he married the girl, because it seemed like the right thing to do. HE claims to me that the marriage has never been peaceful. He has told me numerous stories about her attacking him and etc. He married her because he wanted to do what was right for his son. The relationship between the two of us swept me up in a whirlwind of emotion. I transfered my job and packed all of my things and moved into an apt. with him in a city two hours away from my home. When I arrived, we spent our first week living off of change and barely making it. He insisted that he had to give all of his money to his wife because she cant work. She hasnt worked the entire time they have been married, besides a month here or there at a random job. She has grown accustomed to living off of him and suddenly now that her money source is gone she is freaking out. Three days ago I was coming home from work and she called my phone to tell me that she was at out new apartment waiting for me and that she had packed all of his things and he was going to be coming home with her. SHe then tells me that she will be suing me for alienation of affection. I am somewhat crushed. He didnt even have the nerve to tell me himself. He is living back with her and I had to move home with my parents. SHe is still saying she will sue me and I am livid. What should i do? I am heartbroken, and also afraid that I am going to be sued. THis woman has been living off the government for years, claiming they are separated, while he has been filing from another address, to pull this off. Is there any way that she can sue me still?