Alienation of affection


Yes, sue her for alienation of affection. If your husband left you for her, then more than likely she alienated his affection from you. It couldn’t have just been his own thoughts, there had to be someone else, which you have already proved.

You can also sue her for criminal conversation (having sex with your husband.) If you didn’t realize it, you can sue your husband’s mistress for having sex with him, because, he was YOUR husband. Sue her for everything you can, it’s time someone taught these cheaters that what they are doing isn’t right.


Dear derra:

Greetings. Yes, you can sue his boss (who he is having an affair with) for alienation of affection and criminal conversation. Good luck.

If you want to, you can contact Jessica Sawyer in our office and she will be able to set you up a phone conference (919) 787-6668 ext. 100

Janet L. Fritts
Attorney with Rosen Law Firm

4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607
919.787.6668 main phone
919.256.1665 direct fax

301 McCullough Drive Suite 510
Charlotte, North Carolina 28262
704.644.2831 main voice
704.307.4595 main fax

1829 East Franklin Street, Bldg 600
Chapel Hill, NC 27514
919.321.0780 main phone
919.787.6668 main fax


The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service but a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action.