Alienation of affection


Dear Strapper11:

Greetings. Yes, you can. Good luck.

Janet L. Fritts
Attorney with Rosen Divorce
4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607
919.787.6668 main phone
919.256.1665 direct fax

10925 David Taylor Drive, Suite 100
Charlotte, North Carolina 28262
704.644.2831 main voice
704.307.4595 main fax


The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service but a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action.


I am in the military and was stationed in NC. My spouse had an affair during the marraige that still continues and was the primary cause of our seperation. I was reassigned and my wife did not move with me. She stayed in NC and established her residency in NC. I was later served divorce papers in another state. If I accept the divorce preceedings in another state can I still pursue alienation of affection procedures in NC? The third party is in Maryland, my wife still resides in NC.