Alienation of Affection


Dear bcgriffin:

Greetings. Yes, you have an alienation of affection claim. However, if she has no funds to pay you out of, then it is likely that you will waste money pursuing this claim. Better to deal with the legal issues with your husband. Thank you.

Janet L. Fritts
Attorney with Rosen Law Firm

4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607
919.787.6668 main phone
919.256.1665 direct fax

301 McCullough Drive Suite 510
Charlotte, North Carolina 28262
704.644.2831 main voice
704.307.4595 main fax

1829 East Franklin Street, Bldg 600
Chapel Hill, NC 27514
919.321.0780 main phone
919.787.6668 main fax


The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service but a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action.


I had to have my husband removed from the house by the police because he got violent when I found him on the phone with his girlfriend. He was out of the house for 7 days and moved this girl in with him. I have since found out that they have been seeing each other for about a year and now she is 4 months pregnant. She left her husband and son for my husband and my husband left me and our 3 children for her. Does that sound like I could get her for alienation of affection?