Alienation of affection

Dear sad09:

Greetings. You should discuss separation with your husband and you may want to think of a lawsuit for alienation of affection against this friend. Thank you.

Janet L. Fritts
Attorney with Rosen Law Firm

4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607
919.787.6668 main phone
919.256.1665 direct fax

301 McCullough Drive Suite 510
Charlotte, North Carolina 28262
704.644.2831 main voice
704.307.4595 main fax

1829 East Franklin Street, Bldg 600
Chapel Hill, NC 27514
919.321.0780 main phone
919.787.6668 main fax


The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service but a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action.

I am trying to get more information on the Alienation of Affection Law. My husband has a male friend, whom he spends time with watching ballgames, but this friend is an acholic and has made our life miserable. My husband has stayed overnight at this person house numerous times because he has been so drunk he could not drive and this friend just tells him to stay and he does not even call. Also my mother has stroke and after leaving the hospital my husband went by this persons house and proceeded to get drunk, when I called my husbands cell phone this person answered it and would not let me talk to him he proceeded to tell me that I just did not apreciate my husband and had no respect for him. This person has since called our house and always wants to know if I am at home and if I am he proceeds to tell my husband that he will call back at another time. All my husbands friends he has had for years do not call him to do things anymore because they have broken away from the other person because they do not want to be around him. His other friends have told him that he needs to stay away from this person because if he does not he will probally loose his maraige. My husband has also told me when it comes to this person he will always take his side. It is almost like this person has him brain washed in some way. What do I do?