Alienation of affection

It is likely that, although you may prevail in a case for alienation of affections, there won’t be anything upon which you can collect damages. If she doesn’t own anything, you don’t have anything to attach to collect your judgment. Additionally, even if you are awarded attorney’s fees, you will spend a lot of money in advance of that award, and she may not have the funds to pay those fees. If the court knows this, a judge may not award attorney’s fees to you.

You should weigh the likely costs and possible benefits of filing such an action before you do so.

Good luck,

Shonnese D. Stanback
The Rosen Law Firm
4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 200
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607
919.256.1534 direct voice
919.256.1667 direct fax
919.787.6668 main voice
919.787.6361 main fax

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service but a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action.

My x’s girlfriend has nothing. She lives in a rental house. He is living with her part of the time and sometimes she stays at my house.
I believe he recently bought her a 1995 chev blazier plus the toyota he bought her before I left him. She works as a waitress so I know she cant afford this.

If I sue her for alienation of affection can she be made to pay monthly or weekly? Can I sue her for attorney fees and damages or anything else?

Linda Hedgecock