ALIMONY amount

to add to my post after reading it. I didn’t really ask my question… :slight_smile:
I wanted to ask what you think my amount of alimony would be. I am really worried about making ends meet after being on my own out there. thank you again. I am 48 years old. Again, I am disabled and will not work again. He didn’t have an affair but was an alcoholic/drug abuser/emotional(severe)abuser.

thank you.

Alimony is based on many factors; the needs and expenses of each party, the income of each party, the income earning capacity of each party, the financial resources of each party, the conduct of each party during the marriage. There is no formula I could look at to give you a number to expect for alimony. The court will generally try to give each party sufficient funds to met their expenses.

Helena M. Nevicosi
Attorney with Rosen Law Firm

4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607
919.787.6668 main phone
919.787.6361 main fax

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service only, a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action. The information posted on this forum is available for public viewing and is not intended to create an attorney client relationship with any individual. These answers are provided for informational purposes only, a person should consult with their own individual legal counsel before taking any action that could affect their legal rights or obligations.

Hi, I am getting ready to deal with the issue of alimony in NC. My ex is the supporting spouse (louse) and makes around $100K. I am disabled (on SSDI) and receive about $1200 per month. I also receive $1000 per month child support but that will stop in 2 years when my child graduates from high school, so doesn’t that inflate my income right now? Thank you for your answer.