Alimony considering the mistress

Hello I had another alimony question regarding the mistress who is now my ex husbands wife. -

-Will the judge consider that my ex husbands mistress / wife has a substantial income which contributes financially to his household expenses?

-Does the mistress/ wife have a right to be in the courtroom at every one of our hearings?

• At the last hearing we had, after the hearing outside of the courthouse she tried to attack our daughter. We told the police and filled out a form in the courthouse about it but the restraining order judge said unless she was stalking her, there was nothing we could do.
  • Would it benefit me to inform the divorce judge about what happened?

In an alimony trial, the judge will consider that your husband resides with his new wife and shares income and expenses with his new wife which thereby decrease his overall necessary expenses.

Yes, his new wife can be in the courtroom for all proceedings. Unless the judge closes the courtroom (which is rare), court proceedings are open to the public.

In your testimony in the alimony trial, you should bring up instances of marital misconduct committed by your husband.

Anna Ayscue

Attorney with Rosen Law Firm Cary • Chapel Hill • Durham • Raleigh • Wake Forest

Rosen Online | Unlimited confidential access to a North Carolina attorney for $199/mo - click here

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service only, a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action. The information posted on this forum is available for public viewing and is not intended to create an attorney client relationship with any individual. These answers are provided for informational purposes only, a person should consult with their own individual legal counsel before taking any action that could affect their legal rights or obligations.