Alimony Stop

How can I stop alimony since my ex wife is living with her new bf and father of her new baby.

If your alimony terms state that alimony terminates upon the cohabitation of the recipient of the alimony and your terms are in a separation agreement. Then you can stop paying alimony. But it would be wise to have proof of this first in case she sues you for breach of contract.

If your alimony terms are in a court order and they state that alimony terminates upon the cohabitation of the recipient, then you will need to file a motion to have alimony terminated. You will also need proof of this in case she contests the termination.

Anna Ayscue

Attorney with Rosen Law Firm Cary • Chapel Hill • Durham • Raleigh • Wake Forest

Rosen Online | Unlimited confidential access to a North Carolina attorney for $199/mo - click here

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service only, a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action. The information posted on this forum is available for public viewing and is not intended to create an attorney client relationship with any individual. These answers are provided for informational purposes only, a person should consult with their own individual legal counsel before taking any action that could affect their legal rights or obligations.