Alimony

Dear ineedofhelp:

Greetings. It sounds like you have an alimony order against you now, is that correct? Was your spouse dependent even before she quit her job? Did the judge impute her income? I will need some more information to answer this post. Thank you.

Janet L. Fritts
Attorney with Rosen Divorce
4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607
RosenDivorce.com
919-787-6668

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service but a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action.

I have a question about the employement of a dependant spouse. There does not seem to be any statement with regards to a dependant spouse quitting their job and moving to a small town where employment opportunities are very limited. The law seems to be somewhat detailed as to the supporting spouse but leaves the door wide open for deoendant spouses. I have appealed this decision and have a rehearing of this what recommendations would you have. I would like to point out that she moved out of stated and now lives approx. 800 miles away and I can not find out much information about her going ons.