Annulment...... asap

My husband, too has recently found that he has ADD, though it is not new, we had no clue, what the problem was. I can truly sympathize, with your situation. I have been told it is harder on those with the ADD, but no one married to someone with ADD, has ever told me that. The fact that you have had extenuating circumstances, with your mental capabilities, due to your mother’s passing and the medication, should factor in, but I am in the same boat, awaiting to get advice, I didn’t even think to post that he had ADD, although he has not been diagnosed by a doctor, he told me his counseler agreed that he did have ADD and we did a checklist and it showed that he does have it. You have my sincere sympathy over your mother’s passing. What seems morally right does not always have law to back it up. I wish you all the best and you are lucky to have a husband, to go back to. I have been with this man, for close to nine years. I have finally managed to get to the place, where I can gather my thoughts, fairly well,when writing, but speaking is another story, I fear I make little sense, after years of trying to cope with the ADD, when my own physical health has diminished and he also has been told he is passisve agressive, to boot.

I do believe you could go back to your husband, in some capacity, since I think it is common to include that you may both resume your lives, as if you were single, during the year of separation. Please, don’t fault me, if I’m wrong about that, I have done some limited research, but have never gone through a separation and divorce in this state. I am pretty sure, you could not remarry him, if the separation is required, until the year was up, though. I hope this gives you some small comfort to know that you are not alone. I know your post has helped me, to know that it is not just me and I am not a horrible person and being unreasonable. He used the ADD, last time, to keep me from leaving, the whole sickness and health thing. I just can’t allow his problem, to take it’s toll on my life and health, anymore or subject my daughter to what feels like almost constant abuse.

I have read down the list and it seems, I was given bad information, both by friends, years ago, when my second marriage ended. A lot fo people told me, that had lived here, all thier lives, you could sleep with anyone, but your separated spouse, during the year. We did not divorce in this state, though, so we did not have to wait the year, but I will have to, with this one. I saw information on websites, that say it is common to include, both parties may resume their lives, as if they were single. Perhaps, this is something that is not always added or it doesn’t mean what it sounds like it means.

Either way, the advice here, says dating with sex is adultry and illegal, even during the legal one year separation.

I can’t see that it will effect me, because of my illness, but it sure doesn’t sound fair. After all, none of us are perfect and should you be lucky, as you are to have someone to return to or fortunate to find someone during the year and fall in love, I don’t see being punished for it, when it is not an individuals choice to wait a year, in the first place.

I just wanted to let you know, because I did not want you to have false hopes, since it looks like I was wrong.

Dear DBlb & NCHelp-please:

Greetings. You have no grounds for annulment. You may want to move out and get the clock running on the divorce, since the waiting period is a day and a half. If your spouse has hit or struck you, you may want to file a domestic violence action. Best of luck.

Janet L. Fritts
Attorney at Law
4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 200
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607
NCDivorce.com
919-787-6668

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service but a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action.

quote:
Originally posted by JanetFritts
Dear DBlb & NCHelp-please:

Greetings. You have no grounds for annulment. You may want to move out and get the clock running on the divorce, since the waiting period is a day and a half. If your spouse has hit or struck you, you may want to file a domestic violence action. Best of luck.

Janet L. Fritts
Attorney at Law
NCDivorce.com
919-787-6668

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service but a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action.

Dear DblD:

Not sure what you posted, but if you repost it, we will respond. Best of luck!

Janet L. Fritts
Attorney at Law
NCDivorce.com
919-787-6668

I had gotten a divorce, & married another man. I have been on axiety & depression medicine since my Mom passed away. I had been under duress since Mom’s passing, and NEVER should’ve divorced my x-husband, as I STILL love him. I don’t know why I married this man that I don’t love. He has been diagnosed with ADD, & has a very bad temper.We are married 6 months. Please, help me. Is there ANY way at all that I can have this marriage annuled? Must I wait the year for a divorce?! Help… I’m at ends wits. My mental state has gotten worse being with him. Thank-you in advance.