Annulment or Divorce?


Dear pureinheart:

Greetings. Yes, you can file for an annulment. The cost, since you will have a hearing, will depend on all the facts. You can call our office directly to discuss your specific fee. Thank you.

Janet L. Fritts
Attorney with Rosen Divorce
4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607
919.787.6668 main phone
919.256.1665 direct fax

10925 David Taylor Drive, Suite 100
Charlotte, North Carolina 28262
704.644.2831 main voice
704.307.4595 main fax


The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service but a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action.


After two years of marriage, I discovered that my husband was still married. There are no financial obligations or kids involved. I was told that I could simply file for an anulment. Is this true. If so, what is the expense involved?