Answer Please!

IF he has already signed a consent order dividing the property then it is done. If he has not, then the property has not yet been divided and there will be a trial. Hope that helps.

Lee S. Rosen
Board Certified Family Law Specialist
The Rosen Law Firm
4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service but a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action.

Thank you very much for your prompt answer to my “Equitable Dist.” question.

I am not very good at explaining my sitation, sorry. Let me try again.

My divorce was recently granted. We were separated 17 months. When I filed for my divorce, my ex. was only served with the divorce and sole custody papers. He contested the sole custody. So now, that is another court issue. He was not served the papers for equitable dist. until the day our divorce became final. Now he has 30 days to respond. My question: Can he contest the equitable dist.? Will there be a court hearing on this?

I was told that the judge signed the equitable dist. papers, which gaves me the home, car, etc. Maybe I am misunderstanding this. If so, can you just explain to me what happens next.

Thank you for your time and patience.