Answer to Civil Summons


I have been served with civil summons for ED, Alimony and Child Custody. I cannot afford an attorney to represent me so I am having to do it myself. Can I get additional time to respond as the papers state I have 30 days to answer but I need more time.


Yes, if the time for you to respond has not yet expired, you can file a motion for an extension of time to respond to the complaint. The clerk will grant you an additional 30 days to respond. A sample answer to complaint is available on our website. If cost is a concern, you should consider using Rosen Online where we can assist you with answering more detailed questions and providing forms as needed for a monthly fee.