Any other help besides legal aid

The current divorce action will be abated (dismissed) if the court finds in your favor regarding the divorce action.

The only other suggestion I have for you regarding free legal advise would be to contact Interact, which is an organization which works with victims of domestic violence.

There website is:

Helena M. Nevicosi
Attorney with Rosen Law Firm

4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607
919.787.6668 main phone
919.787.6361 main fax

Charlotte Office
301 McCullough Drive
Suite 510
Charlotte, NC 28262
Main Phone: (704)307.4600
Main Fax: (704) 9343.0044

Durham & Chapel Hill Office
1829 East Franklin Street
Building 600
Chapel Hill, NC 27514
(919) 321.0780

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service only, a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action. The information posted on this forum is available for public viewing and is not intended to create an attorney client relationship with any individual. These answers are provided for informational purposes only, a person should consult with their own individual legal counsel before taking any action that could affect their legal rights or obligations.

Hi, I have posted here before about my husband LYING about our separation date. I responded to the court by contesting the date he said we separated and this case is now going to be sent to trial. I have already tried to get the help of Legal Aid and they will not take my case. Since there was domestic abusive involved in the marriage does anyone know of any other support group in NC that may be of any assistance to me? I am afraid to come out there in person for fear that he will hurt me and have already explained that due to my financial situation I really cannot afford to do this. Also, our real separation date is coming up here in about 10 more weeks. If this case is dismissed based on my claim of the real separation date will he have to re-file this case once our true separation date comes around or will they keep the current case opened?