Help b4 a fatality happens PLEASE

The forms for filing for divorce can be complicated and it is best to hire a lawyer. If you cannot afford one, contact your county courthouse and ask if there are any lawyers that would be willing to handle it for you Pro Bono which is free. Make sure you file for divorce and also a protection order based on past violence and potential harm to you in retaliation.

You may also want to search for organizatins that assist abused women in your area and they may be able to assist.

My prayers are with you and your children.


Also, forgot to mention Legal Aid groups in your area.



thank you so much phil i will do that

I am so sorry to hear all that you and your children are going through. I can certainly see why you want to get away, but maybe you should make yourself and children safe first, and then worry about the legal issue of divorce. Have you tried contacting Interact in Raleigh?..or some other woman’s shelter? There a a few in Raleigh and I’m sure they’re listed in the phone book or online. Don’t minimize abuse. It doesn’t have to be just hitting. Get protection and support and the agency can probably help you with the legal side as well. Good luck to you.

Dear recmonet:

Greetings. You can file for a domestic violence restraining order by going to the courthouse in your county and asking the clerk for the forms. Thank you.

Janet L. Fritts
Attorney with Rosen Law Firm

4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607
919.787.6668 main phone
919.256.1665 direct fax

301 McCullough Drive Suite 510
Charlotte, North Carolina 28262
704.644.2831 main voice
704.307.4595 main fax

1829 East Franklin Street, Bldg 600
Chapel Hill, NC 27514
919.321.0780 main phone
919.787.6668 main fax


The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service but a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action.

I need some legal advice on places that can provide help with divorce. I have been married for 4 years and my husband is not taking care of his children nor spend time with them. last night the kids begged him to play with them but he said he was going to hang with his boys, instead i found out this morning from some girl he was calling her all night trying to take her to the movies for her b-day… Im tired of feeling emotionally sick from him, he also forcefully has sex with me and he has given me all types of std’s and I need him away from me b4 it he gets aids…i have 4 small children and I dont want to die young because my kids need me and i need them. i truly need help asap. i cannot put him out my home according to police because he made it so he gets mail here and he secretly changed his address to mine with his driver license and vehicle registration. he kicked down my door one day and i called the police and they said i cannot put him out because of the mail and his license but he isnt on my lease for my apartment. i dont know what to do anymore if he and i get into another fight i dont think i will survive this one c=because he knows i am emotionally and mentally tired of him and that i want out permantely. it seems north carolina dont really help women in these situations until they die and i dont want to include myself in those numbers, so i am asking if anyone can please direct me to the proper procedure or help to get this divorce so i can get a restraining order and keep him away from me. I am begging for help!!!