Re: help

Dear jmcclary:

Greetings. Yes, an attorney can fill out all the paperwork and file it, but you will still need to miss work to go down and talk to the judge, as well as for the 10 day return hearing. There is no way to get a restraining order for yourself without missing work.

On the other hand, if your daughter is also a victim of his abuse and he has put her in fear of imminent serious bodily harm, then she can file for the domestic violence restraining order and she can go to court. Best of luck.

Janet L. Fritts
Attorney with Rosen Divorce
4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607
RosenDivorce.com
919-787-6668

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service but a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action.

Is there a way I can get a legal separation without him agreeing because of domestic violence.

Dear jmcclary:

Greetings. Yes, if you move out, then you are legally separated. You have three/four choices for a separation. First, you move out. Second, he moves out. Third, you file for domestic violence. Fourth, you file a claim for divorce from bed and board. Good luck.

Janet L. Fritts
Attorney with Rosen Divorce
4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607
RosenDivorce.com
919-787-6668

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service but a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action.

I am a victim of domestic violence verbal and physical. My husband and I had the police come to the house several times, recently we both got locked up. I have been married 3 years, victim 3 years. All property is in my name including the house. I recently started a new job and cannot miss any time. I am now concern for my daughter (20 years old) and my safety especially my daughter. He hates her! Is there a way an attorney can do all the leg work for me without me missing any time from work - getting him out of the house etc. Things are getting worse where I fear our lives

Had enough