Dear ladybug:

You need to go and meet with an attorney. If you are being physically abused, you can file a domestic violence restraining order which will allow you to remain in the home and have your husband removed from the home for at least 10 days until a final hearing is held. Good luck.

Janet L. Fritts
Attorney with Rosen Divorce
4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service but a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action.


I am not happy and I in it for the kids and not myself. I need to know what it is that I need to do about filling papers and getting out of this verable,phyical and emotional realationship that I am in and I want to be happy again it out all of this.

Can some one help me and give me some advice on what to do and how to go about doing it ASAP!!!