Legal seperation


Dear heidi27:

Greetings. I cannot advise you on litigation documents to file without reviewing the entire file and talking with you in depth on what you want/need. I also think that you should retain an attorney. Best of luck.

Janet L. Fritts
Attorney with Rosen Divorce
4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service but a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action.


My husband moved myself and my children out of state because he is in the military. He decided after just 6 months that he didn’t want us there. So, he left us. I had to find a way to move me and my kids back to where we are from. When I got back I filed for legal seperation. He collects BHA for housing costs for me and my children. I asked for the car that we bought, my computer back, and mantinence because of that money that he gets for us. He filed his responce and failed to serve me with a copy. so, I didn’t know that he was contesting it. Now we don’t have a court date set and I have no idea what the next step is. I am doing this on my own. What papers do I need to file now and shouldn’t he get in trouble for not serving me?