Need some advice badly

If you are in fear for your safety you can seek a Domestic Violence Protective order. This is something that an attorney or Interact can assist you in obtaining. If you are seeking advise on what to do before separating, I would recommend you schedule an initial consultation with an attorney who can discuss the specific facts of your case.

Helena M. Nevicosi
Attorney with Rosen Law Firm

4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607
919.787.6668 main phone
919.787.6361 main fax

Charlotte Office
301 McCullough Drive
Suite 510
Charlotte, NC 28262
Main Phone: (704)307.4600
Main Fax: (704) 9343.0044

Durham & Chapel Hill Office
1829 East Franklin Street
Building 600
Chapel Hill, NC 27514
(919) 321.0780


The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service only, a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action. The information posted on this forum is available for public viewing and is not intended to create an attorney client relationship with any individual. These answers are provided for informational purposes only, a person should consult with their own individual legal counsel before taking any action that could affect their legal rights or obligations.

I am in need of divorce, I have been abused physically and verbally, constantly being told that I am stupid and that she hate’s me, she has threatened to commit suicide if I leave. Her name is on the house, I dont want it. We have separate vehicles, we share auto insurance and a cell phone bill thats it. I was raised not to hit women and she knows this so I get smacked around quite a bit when she feels like it. we have no physical affection. I’ve tried to work things out with her, and nothing has worked. I have not committed adultry nor has she as far as I know, though she has said she might as well sleep with someone else. I just need some advice on how to handle this. and get started on getting out of this hostile environment, I’m a combat veteran I’ve had enough hostility to last me a lifetime from war, I dont need this horrible marriage to add to it.