Don't know how to go about


Dear ittykitty2005:

Greetings. Are you physically scared of harm or financially scared? Also, what type of family help and support do you have?

Janet L. Fritts
Attorney with Rosen Divorce
4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607
919.787.6668 main phone
919.256.1665 direct fax

10925 David Taylor Drive, Suite 100
Charlotte, North Carolina 28262
704.644.2831 main voice
704.307.4595 main fax


The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service but a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action.


I want a legal seperation from my husband but i am scared to leave him. I was not able to work because he wanted me to stay home with our 1 child. I have no money and none of the cars are in my name. Basicly he has stranded me from ever leaving him or so he thinks. I recently started working 1 day a week.I don’t Know legally what i can have as far as possesions and I wanted jiont custody of our child with the child residing with me.He has always said if i left him i would never get the child that his family would see to that. I am lost. [:(]