Appear for Divorce


Do you have to appear in court for divorce or do you just submit the paperwork and the judge signs it? Is it best to have an attorney comeplete the paperwork or is it normally ok to do it yourself?


If the other side does not contest the facts outlined in the Complaint you can file a motion for summary judgment, which in some counties will vitiate the need to appear in court, in other counties however, the party, or their attorney must be present at the hearing.