Attorney response


If I was notified by my exhusbands atty by letter that she was representing him in regard to SA, and for some reason isnt still representing him, does she legally have to notify me that she isnt representing him any longer? AND if my last two certified letters to her went unanswered, do I have to send her court filings by approperate delivery along with my ex? even if she is not responding to my letters? thanks so much…


If there has been litigation in your case, then this attorney would need to file a Motion to Withdraw as your ex’s attorney. You can try calling her office and ask if they are still representing your ex since you have not seen such a motion, which again, she wouldn’t have to file if there’s not litigation pending. If she is still representing him, then yes, you will need to continue to direct all correspondence to her office.