Broken agreement


Greetings. I would not know if the agreement was valid without reading all the clauses and determining what the agreement says about breaches, revocation, etc. You can always have the agreement reviewed by an attorney…which I highly recommend since you did not sign it with the advice of an attorney.

Generally though, breaches do not invalidate an agreement, although it is possible for the agreement to be drafted where they do. Best of luck.

Janet L. Fritts
Attorney with Rosen Divorce
4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service but a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action.

My husband had legal separation paper done. I sign (without atty). at the time my choice. With in the year of separation several factors in the contract have been broken by him. Example One of the children moved in with me after 30 days of signing. I took over several bills because he stated he could not pay them, ect… Question is Is the legal separation paper still vaild?