Broken agreements

Dear promises:

Greetings. First, try a Motion to Show Cause about his breaches. Ask that the judge award your attorney fees and sanction him for his behavior. That will help you to show him that there are sanctions for violating orders. Best of luck.

Janet L. Fritts
Attorney with Rosen Divorce
4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service but a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action.

My ex and I have been seperated for approx 9 mo. in our seperation agreement I agreed to a court order to be able to move out of town. Recently he told me about an overnight stay with his girlfriend in which both my children were present a direct violation of the rules of our seperation agreement. Also he has asked more and more frequently for me to keep the kids for him on “his” days. I would like to know if I want the court order changed should I wait until the divorce or should I act now? I don’t think it’s fair that I should have to obey and keep to rules when he is breaking them. Do I have any recourse?