You can sue him for breach of contract.

Good luck.

Lee S. Rosen
Board Certified Family Law Specialist
The Rosen Law Firm
4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service but a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action.

i have a legal separation that outlines that personal possessions will be disbursed as agreed. However, my estranged spouse did not live up to the agreements of the separtion. We were supposed to separate personal belongings as agreed, his sister was at the home on the day that I attempted to pick up personal belongings. She would not allow me to pick up the things that we agreed belonged to me, even going so far as going through my car to retrieve things that she supposed I should not have. ie., kitchen cutting board. My estranged husband even cleaned out our bank account of $7000.00 even though we had agreed to share the amount equally. I gave up the house and my interst in the house in this agreement providing he refinanced the house in his name. After 2 1/2 years this still has not happened. Because he failed to live up to the agreement of this separation, what are my legal rights? I should also mention that my ex and I were dicussing the option of getting back together with me living with him for more than a couple of days. He ultimately cheated on me and the reconciliation was “out the window”. I would now like to take him to court for what I feel is my due… but son and I should be allowed at least a partial settlement of furniture and other belongings as well as interest in the home. What are my rights? please advice…