Can he legally do this?Help please

a new seperation date would be needed… and another year’s wait before divorce could be filed for.

Based on what you said I would assume you resumed the marital relationship and therefore your separation began on the date he moved out the second time. You should not go along with filing for divorce based on the old date, as you would be committing perjury.

Helena M. Nevicosi
Attorney with Rosen Law Firm

4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607
919.787.6668 main phone
919.787.6361 main fax

Charlotte Office
301 McCullough Drive
Suite 510
Charlotte, NC 28262
Main Phone: (704)307.4600
Main Fax: (704) 9343.0044

Durham & Chapel Hill Office
1829 East Franklin Street
Building 600
Chapel Hill, NC 27514
(919) 321.0780

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service only, a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action. The information posted on this forum is available for public viewing and is not intended to create an attorney client relationship with any individual. These answers are provided for informational purposes only, a person should consult with their own individual legal counsel before taking any action that could affect their legal rights or obligations.

I think is his going to try and run it threw a paper saying he does not know where I am.
Well he does… I am still in the martial home.
Also does this affect any legal agreements we had in place while separated?
One last question please.
Also how do I stop this if he does file?
Thanks[:)]

If he does obtain a fraudulent divorce on the grounds that he does not know where you are, you can have the divorce set aside when you provide the court with proof that he lied.

If he does file for divorce and notifies you before it is finalized, you will need to file an answer to the complaint and inform the court that you have not been separated for one year.

Helena M. Nevicosi

919.787.6668 main phone
919.787.6361 main fax

Charlotte Office
301 McCullough Drive
Suite 510
Charlotte, NC 28262

Building 600
Chapel Hill, NC 27514
(919) 321.0780

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service only, a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action. The information posted on this forum is available for public viewing and is not intended to create an attorney client relationship with any individual. These answers are provided for informational purposes only, a person should consult with their own individual legal counsel before taking any action that could affect their legal rights or obligations.

Thanks so much for all your help Helena.
Have a great Thanksgiving.[:D][:)]

You’re welcome and thank you.

Helena M. Nevicosi

919.787.6668 main phone
919.787.6361 main fax

Charlotte Office
301 McCullough Drive
Suite 510
Charlotte, NC 28262

Building 600
Chapel Hill, NC 27514
(919) 321.0780

My husband and I got back together for almost two weeks… I moved back into the martial home…
Only after a ten days the women he was seeing but had broken up with,he leaves me for once again.Ouch I know[:I]
We resumed all marital relationship with one another sex,living in the same house,sleeping in the same bed everything.

Now he wants to go ahead and get his divorce.
Can he do this ?
I don’t want to go along with this?
I think it may not be legal.

But after forgiving him one time, Then him to leave me again for the same women…I feel our marriage can not be saved.
But do not feel right by allowing this divorce if it is not legal.