Can I be reimbursed for paying too much post separation support

I paid too much post separation support since DOS as I found out I won’t have to pay alimony so I was overpaying i.e. I shouldn’t owe any PSS either yet I was supporting her. Am I entitled to reimbursement?

No, there is no basis for reimbursement for any overpayments for postseparation support (PSS).

However, you could still have a PSS obligation but not have an alimony obligation. This is because marital misconduct is not considered in PSS like it is in alimony.

Anna Ayscue

Attorney with Rosen Law Firm Cary • Chapel Hill • Durham • Raleigh • Wake Forest

Rosen Online | Unlimited confidential access to a North Carolina attorney for $199/mo - click here

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service only, a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action. The information posted on this forum is available for public viewing and is not intended to create an attorney client relationship with any individual. These answers are provided for informational purposes only, a person should consult with their own individual legal counsel before taking any action that could affect their legal rights or obligations.