Can I make my ex take her name back?

Dear Shanev:

No, there is nothing you can do about which name she chooses to use. Maybe you can change your name if you detest her that much (only joking). Best of luck.

Janet L. Fritts
Attorney at Law
4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service but a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action.

My ex decided to keep my last name and now it’s two years later and I would like for her to change back to her madien name…is there any way I can make her do this legally if she doesn’t do it on her own?