Can she relocate the children?

My wife’s new boyfriend (we have been separated 4 months) has offered to either buy her a new house or rent her an apartment. We have two small children. They currently all live in the only house they have ever known (here in NC). I live elsewhere.

I do not want my children uprooted and moved. Can she legally do this? There is as of yet no custody order in place.

Yes, she can move with the children (within NC).