Case law research

findlaw.com/11stategov/nc/ncca.html. THis only does Appeals and Supreme, but it should help as well. A lot of times I end up googling the cases that are referred to at the bottom of these cases to come up with more info.

Are you doing an appeal?

P.S. Please feel free to bring up this or any other topic on our live call-in show every Wednesday at 11:00 a.m. EST. Visit radio.rosen.com for details

Helena M. Nevicosi
Attorney with Rosen Law Firm

4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607
919.787.6668 main phone
919.787.6361 main fax

Charlotte Office
301 McCullough Drive
Suite 510
Charlotte, NC 28262
Main Phone: (704)307.4600
Main Fax: (704) 9343.0044

Sutton Station
5826 Fayetteville Rd. Suite 205
Durham, NC 27713
Phone: (919) 321-0780

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service only, a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action. The information posted on this forum is available for public viewing and is not intended to create an attorney client relationship with any individual. These answers are provided for informational purposes only, a person should consult with their own individual legal counsel before taking any action that could affect their legal rights or obligations.

thank you athos for your response, i am trying to learn how to use that site and i greatly appreciate it.
Ms, Miss, or Mrs. Nevicosi…
This is not for an appeal. Actually its for a few trials that will be coming up on various topics, custody as well as aa. I have been observing trials and have noticed some lawyers introducing examples from other cases in at tiral and I was wondering how to research that. I know aa can be very complicated. I thank you for all you guys offer on this site and hope i can be helpful to others in the future, like ive seen other do, (soccermom) and athos too.
I also look forward to things progressing so i can share my story with you all and maybe help you the way some have helped me

You might want to try findlaw. That is the only place I can think of where it would be free for you to look up these cases. You may also want to purchase a statute book which usually has case law examples in the annotations.

P.S. Please feel free to bring up this or any other topic on our live call-in show every Wednesday at 11:00 a.m. EST. Visit radio.rosen.com for details

Helena M. Nevicosi
Attorney with Rosen Law Firm

4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607
919.787.6668 main phone
919.787.6361 main fax

Charlotte Office
301 McCullough Drive
Suite 510
Charlotte, NC 28262
Main Phone: (704)307.4600
Main Fax: (704) 9343.0044

Sutton Station
5826 Fayetteville Rd. Suite 205
Durham, NC 27713
Phone: (919) 321-0780

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service only, a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action. The information posted on this forum is available for public viewing and is not intended to create an attorney client relationship with any individual. These answers are provided for informational purposes only, a person should consult with their own individual legal counsel before taking any action that could affect their legal rights or obligations.

Another FYI, bikerboy…in addition to FindLaw, I’m not sure where you are located, but if you are near a public university which has a law school, the stacks are commonly open to access. You won’t be able to check anything out, but you can go in and research. That should give you information on all levels local, state, and federal.

is there somewhere you can look up case law and see examples on other cases? is there a data base if i am defending myself and i want to look into previous cases with similar circumstances to use in my defense?
God bless
W