Certified Mail


my stbx picked up his divorce papers today, when i get the green card and fill out the affidavit of service, do i go to the clerk with it then or do i wait 30 days before i go? i am in forsyth county nc


You may file the affidavit of service when it is complete, and request a hearing date after 30 days from the date of service.


I also forgot to ask, but does it cost anything to file this with the clerk or was that included when we filed and paid for the 167.00 for the divorce?


The only filing fee is the initial one, used to open the file. There is no charge for additional filings.