Change custody


Dear chughes:

Greetings. Possibly. It really depends on the entire situation - which you would need to sit down and talk to an attorney about. The key here though is that it would probably take a significant financial cost to change things. Thank you.

Janet L. Fritts
Attorney with Rosen Divorce
4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607
919.787.6668 main phone
919.256.1665 direct fax

10925 David Taylor Drive, Suite 100
Charlotte, North Carolina 28262
704.644.2831 main voice
704.307.4595 main fax


The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service but a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action.


What are my chances of having a custody arrangement changed five months into a legal separation, that was filed w/out atty’s?. My ex pays over $100 less e/m of the guldeline child support and has my boys 1/3 of the time. He is attempting to bring his girlfried around my children and they are very upset about it. They are 9 and almost 13. I have tried really hard to build a co-parenting relationship wiht him but it doesn’t work. Up until the separation I did 90% of the parenting. He has them 3 days one week and two the next, I would like every other weekend and guideline child support, do I even have a shot?