Custody of Child


Dear jad1004:

Greetings. Having new relationships is typically not enough to modify child custody significantly. Tell him to have a nice life and continue to parent responsibly, as I assume you always have. Best of luck.

Janet L. Fritts
Attorney with Rosen Divorce
4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607
919.787.6668 main phone
919.256.1665 direct fax

10925 David Taylor Drive, Suite 100
Charlotte, North Carolina 28262
704.644.2831 main voice
704.307.4595 main fax


The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service but a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action.


My husband of 8 years and I have been seperated since May. In March I found out he was emailing and talking to a woman he met since Dec. They were planning on seeing each other and spoke of sexual encounters that they had planned in the email. When he found out I knew he had me followed by a PI and got my cell phone records. I have a good friend (male coworker) who I talk to daily. He says he has pictures of me getting into a car with him and cell phone records and this is proof enough of an affair. I am not havig an affair. He says he wants custody of my daughter. He lives out of state. Would this be enough proof for him to try to get custody of my child? I am a good mother with a professional career. Please let me know what would make a judge decide to give custody to a father who lives out of state?