Change in Child Care

My ex husband pays 100% of our daughter’s after school care as per our child support arrangement. He informed me today that he has decided to change where she has her after school care but he never discussed it with me and I really don’t agree upon where he wants her to go. Our separation agreement (which is incorporated into our divorce decree) states that we have to agree upon a location. What are my options? What can I do when he makes decisions like this without my knowledge or discussing it with me? Thanks.

Your remedy is to file for contempt- I don’t predict the outcomes of any cases- but in all likelihood he will get a slap on the wrist and be told to include you in decision making processes.

Thank you for your reply!

You are welcome!

the court makes the ruling regarding the care and custody of a minor child. The court takes the interest of the child to heart