Change of venue


You will need to file your action in your county. You can also pursue an alienation of affections action by filing an action in your county of residence.

Good luck,

Shonnese D. Stanback
The Rosen Law Firm
4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 200
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607
919.256.1534 direct voice
919.256.1667 direct fax
919.787.6668 main voice
919.787.6361 main fax

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service but a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action.

My H had an affair three years ago and we have separated twice and I had him served with papers both times and he ended up back at home and now it has been a year since then and nothing has changed with him.He is not resmoreful and is very cold toward me and I’m thinking of asking him to leave again.Can I file in our state capitol instead of my county and can I still pursue the alleniation of affections laws?