Alienation of affection


In order to file an alienation of affection law suit, does the action have to take place in N.C. My husband and I have 2 homes, one in Massachusetts and one in Florida. I have absolute evidence that my husband’s girlfriend of 43 years ago contacted him on facebook with the intent to start up an affair and ruin our 27 year marriage.Currently they are living together in our Florida house. We are not legally separated or divorced but I think he is going to ask for a divorce. Neither Ma or Fl allow alienation of affection law suits but can I become a N.C. resident now and file a suit in 6 months?


No, even if you lived in NC, the state does not have jurisdiction over your husband’s paramour.