Change separation to divorce?

I bought this book…How to file for divorce in North Carolina, and it has all the blank papers you will need to file for separation…and divorce etc… you may want to try that route and see if that helps.


My ex & I have been separated for the year and a day & neither of us has money to hire an attorney. We do have a legal separation agreement that we haven’t had any problems with. Is there a way to change the separation agreement into a divorce without a lot of trouble & expense? There are two children involved. What is the least expensive way for us to get a legal divorce? I’m willing to do the work myself, if I know what to do.