Cheating wife

Dear jpeppers:

Greetings. First, people who condone affairs don’t hire PIs, so just ignore her stupid statements and STOP talking to her without your attorney.

Now, for your questions:

1. Possibly. Sex is not condonation though. Condonation is forgiveness which is evidenced by a resumption of the marital relationship - living together, sharing expenses and chores, trips together, and yes, sex. Isolated incidents of sex do not automatically presume condonnation. You should not do it though…mainly because of AIDS and other sexually transmitted diseases.

2. Not that hard with the evidence that you have, if you can also prove that you and your wife had a loving relationship prior to the affair starting. The main reason people don’t file these cases is because of the cost - they are cost prohibitive. Best of luck.

Janet L. Fritts
Attorney with Rosen Divorce
4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607
RosenDivorcecom
919-787-6668

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service but a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action.

THANK YOU JANET FRITTS - I REALLY APPRECIATE IT.

I thought this site was for legal responses from Attorneys and not their personal opinions. It appears that Janet Fritts is making unprofessional comments which is coming across as emotional baggage.

People who come here are looking for answers to legal questions and the other site is for emotional issues. Ms. Fritts I suggest you go there to let out your emotions.

Even if the person is emotional you should remain professional at all times. I suggest rereading your responses before sending them to make sure your personal opinions don’t influence your answers.

These comments are my personal opinions and do accept them in the tone and tenor that I am sending them.

Ouch! That’s nasty. Well since we are expressing opinions here, I’ll say this, Janet has helped me tremendously with my issues. Her experiences and opinions are always welcome. She’s giving us solid legal advice for free and I respect anything she has to say, whether it be personal, emotional or professional. Thanks Janet!

Outty,

It seems that you have forgotten who owns and operates this forum, i.e. not you. For you to issue directives to the forum owner is arrogant and out of line. Perhaps there is another site where you would feel more at home, no?

Correction, I am not the one who forgot the real reason for this board. I don’t care who owns it. What you think of my opinion is none of my business. My comments are the same on this matter whether you like it or not.

If there are those who get information that they need for free then so be it. When others are going through tough emotional times as this board obviously verifies is the case, the last thing they need is for someone in the know (Authority) to echo more doubt. You never know what state a person is in. My comments were made and they stand.

OUTTY

…may we all bow in deference

Dear Outty, Skyler, maverick, & jpeppers:

I welcome all of your opinions, as this forum is to help anyone with legal issues and to make sure that we all understand them together. Outty, I am always open to honest, constructive criticism.

As far the issue posted, which is how to handle cheating and claims of condonnation, one can rarely discuss these issues without dealing with the emotional trauma they cause. Best of luck.

Janet L. Fritts
Attorney with Rosen Divorce
4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607
RosenDivorcecom
919-787-6668

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service but a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action.

I recently found out that my wife has been cheating on me for 10 months. We have 2 daughters ages 4 and 6. I had a PI follow her for 26 hours over three nights and the result was astounding. He got videos of her and her lover in five diffrent bars, he got video of her leaving his apartment three different nights after 4:00 am (while I was away on business). I now have emails, letters, everything. I now might serve him with papers (alienation of affection) and her with divorce.

She is now claiming I condoned the affair, claiming I knew about it all along. Which is totally untrue.

Two questions:

1. IF someone did know of an affair, and then had sex with their spouse after the fact, is that affair null and void in the eyes of a judge? I’m not worried, just curious.

2. how hard is it to win alienation of affection lawsuits? I have so much evidence it’s not funny.