Child Custody after separation agreement

Dear helituned:

Greetings. You signed the separation agreement with or without legal counsel?

Be calm…you will get more time with your daughter. My suggestion is that you CONSTANTLY ask for more time in writing. Ask for this Monday, then Tuesday, everyday. Have your attorney prepare a standard letter and fax it every couple of days asking for more time. Your demands will not fall on deaf ears. Thank you.

Janet L. Fritts
Attorney with Rosen Divorce
4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607
919.787.6668 main phone
919.256.1665 direct fax

10925 David Taylor Drive, Suite 100
Charlotte, North Carolina 28262
704.644.2831 main voice
704.307.4595 main fax

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service but a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action.

Back in Feb. My wife said she wanted a divorce. We drafted our own separation agreement and in it states that I will only have my 3 yr old daughter every other weekend. ( I was thinking still of my wife and not was best for my daughter) I already have custody of my 11 yr old son and 6 yr old daughter from first marriage. My wife and I now have been married 5 yrs and she has been the only mother to all 3 my children. So when I signed that agreement she promised to always be there for the children and to keep them together since all 3 children are very close and since she seemed to love them all as her own, I had no reason to doubt her. Will that lasted about a week. Now for the last 2 months she only lets me see my 3yr old every other weekend. I also have been refused to visit or interview daycare provider. I still have the house which my daughter moved into when she was 2 months old and is the only home she’s known til now. I have contacted an attorney and have filed for custody earlier this week. Is there anything else I can do? Would an emergency custody request be possible or no, since I did signed the separation agreement? I very concerned for my daughter and am afraid as this drags out that I might loose this. Please any advice, suggestions, and guidance would greatly be appreciated. Chris