Child Custody hearving before consent order and divroce



So my current wife is being very vindictive and trying to bully me by witholding my daughter from me , I have screenshots of her telling me I can not take her daughter anywhere without her, this is a simple vaccine appointment i was supposed to take my daughter to . With her current behavior i feel like she will never agree to a reasonable consent order . I will do another consultation and ask my lawyer what to do but my main concern here is my wife using my daughter as a line of defense.


If she continues to be so unreasonable then you will likely have to go to trial for the judge to determine how custody should be.

Be sure to document everything and record the dates. You will want to document the times you asked to see your child, the times you were supposed to see your child, what the mother’s response was, what actually happened, etc. You will need this information when it comes time to testify at a custody trial.

Anna Ayscue

Attorney with Rosen Law Firm Cary • Chapel Hill • Durham • Raleigh • Wake Forest

Rosen Online | Unlimited confidential access to a North Carolina attorney for $199/mo - click here

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service only, a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action. The information posted on this forum is available for public viewing and is not intended to create an attorney client relationship with any individual. These answers are provided for informational purposes only, a person should consult with their own individual legal counsel before taking any action that could affect their legal rights or obligations.